What’s up Coaches!
Having an email list is crucial for every business, but especially for you coaches. By having an e-mail list, you have on-demand access to all of your clients at the touch of a button and you actually own the rights to your email lists vs social media followers. What if Social Media sites shut down tomorrow? You’ll have to scramble to find your clients information if you don’t their e-mails. But if you have their e-mails, you can still reach them and continue running your business and making money. The purpose of an opt-in is a quick win.
On the 9th episode of the Wealthy Coach Podcast I’m teaching:
- The benefits of having an email list vs only interacting with clients on social media.
- Why you should offer an opt-in and what a quality opt-in looks like.
- Pillars of creating your perfect opt-in.
Pillars of Creating Your Perfect Opt-In:
You want to give a simple set of ideas and actions to your ideal client for easy results. The purpose of an opt-in is a quick win: if you get them winning sooner with a freebie from you, they’ll want to stick with you as a paid client.
- What are my ideal client’s questions? Create your opt-ins on topics your ideal clients consistently ask you when deciding what content can be turned into a valuable freebie.
- Title! Think of a catchy title before you work on the content of your freebie. Good titles should have a number, and outcome, and a time-frame.
- Outline: title, intro, content (use sub-headlines) outro, call to action.
- Calendar your content creation. Set aside 3-4 hours and create an opt-in from scratch in one sitting instead of trying to do it in small blocks.
- Create the meat of your content first – worry about the graphics and extra tidbits later.
- Think about what your call-to-action should be. Eg: follow me on social media or join my program and use an actual hotlink in your freebie so all they have to do is click to follow through.
- Outsource the things that you don’t enjoy/love doing – things like graphics and logos can be outsourced pretty easily and pretty cheap. (Fiverr or Up Work)
- Set up a CRM (customer resource manager) or email marketing client. (Active Campaign or MailChimp)
- Send a “Hello, thank you, enjoy this opt-in, can’t wait to hear your thoughts” welcome message.
- Set up your email marketing funnels. (like Clickfunnels)
- Share it in your bio on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and promote it on these pages!
Listen To Episode 9 Below:
Things Mentioned In This Episode:
Links to resources: